PRIVACY FOR CONFERENCE REGISTRATION WEBSITE
The New Zealand Methodist Church complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information when you complete your registration for the Methodist Church Conference. This policy only relates to the collection, storage and use of your personal information from the Conference registration form.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 5 August 2021.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via this Conference registration as well as your contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email).
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly and assume that the person completing the registration form is the same person being registered for the Conference.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information
- To identify you as a Conference registrant
- to provide services in relation to the Methodist Conference and the production of printed, online and electronic documents are distributed to other registrants and members of the Methodist Church.
- to provide communication to you regarding the Conference and functions associated with the Conference, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services provided at the Conference that we provide to you
- to invoice you, your Parish or other entity and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions when necessary.
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act that relate to the Conference and the work associated with the Conference.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to
- The Conference Arrangements Committee of the Methodist Church
- Employees of the Board of Administration Methodist Church of New Zealand who manage the conference on behalf of the Methodist Church.
- any business that supports the planning, preparation and day to day management of the conference, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to host and manage the Conference
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency
- any other person authorised by you.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, the Conference database and website are located on the internet. If you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.